Los Angeles is the second most populous city in the United States. It’s most famous for Hollywood, the epicenter of motion pictures. To all aspiring movie stars, movie fanatics, paparazzi’s, fashionitas, and celebrity stalkers, LA is the place to go. Whether you’re waiting for your star crush to appear, or you’re waiting for a casting call to appear in a movie, there are other things you can do to have fun in City of Angels, and who knows, you might just get lucky.
1) Walk along the “Hollywood Walk of Fame”. Consists of more than 2,400 stars, this sidewalk gives you a view of Hollywood’s cinematic history. More than the iconic actors and actresses, this walk of fame also pays tributes to legendary directors, producers, and even to fictional characters such as Mickey Mouse.
2) See Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Aside from its quirky-oriental design and its glitzy history, this theater also boasts 200 concrete blocks that bears the signatures, hand and footprints of a variety of movie personalities. In 2011, Basketball superstar Kobe Bryant became one of the few personalities outside the movie industry who have also embedded his hand and footprints.
3) Watch a live sports game. Los Angeles has been famous as the home of Los Angeles Lakers (basketball) and Los Angeles Dodgers (baseball). These two teams can be seen playing in two of the major stadiums in LA, the Staples Center and Dodgers Stadium.
4) Photograph the stars on red carpet. LA is the home of numerous award-giving bodies from the annual Oscars, Emmys, and Grammys. See your favorite star sashays on the red carpet wearing their awards nights’ best. Aside from awards nights, LA is also the place to catch you fave celeb during their movie premiers.
5) Go shopping. LA is undeniably one of the trendiest places to go shopping. Aside from clothes designed by your favorite star, LA fashion caters to all walks of life. From bargains in Venice Beach, to mid-range in the Grove, and to the high-end allure of Rodeo Drive. You will definitely not gonna leave the stores empty-handed.
6) Ride a roller-coaster. Adrenaline junkies who craves anything huge and fast, riding the Six Flags at Magic Mountain is the place for you. Famous for its death-terrifying roller coasters that guarantee one exhilarating ride, this trip is definitely not for the faint-hearted. To those who wants something low-key that kids will surely enjoy, head to the Disneyland, the so-called Happiest Place on Earth.
7) Ride a wave. Famous for its beaches and thrilling waves, LA also caters sun-worshippers and to surfers. Beginners can start riding the calm waves of Venice beach, and the pros can prove their worth at Malibu beach also known as Surfrider Beach.
8) Lastly, you can’t say you’ve been in LA without having your picture taken at the famous “Hollywood Sign” which overlooks the equally famous Mulholland drive. This is the closest thing you can get into Hollywood.
If you’re getting excited just by reading this, then what are you waiting for? Visit Los Angeles and experience why stars just can’t get enough of this city.